Firstly, I want to thank everyone who commented here and on my facebook postings. Your words of encouragement and support mean so much! Knowing that I have so many friends and family to assist me if I need help is a great thing to know.
So...as I mentioned before, I had the initial consultation with my bypass surgeon. Everything sounded good, and she gave me a long list of things I need to do in order to be cleared for surgery.
However, one of the things she told me is that my blood pressure is extremely high, and that because I didn't have a primary doctor to go see at the time, that I needed to get into the ER and see if they could help me out.
So Saturday morning that is where I went. Even though I was dreading it, I knew I had to go. I hate hospitals. I hate having to go in and explain to everyone why my blood pressure is so high (because I'm an idiot), and I just feel so worthless and embarrassed because of the shape I've let my body get to.
But that's not going to happen anymore. I think I finally realized this time that the doctors and nurses there want to help me and support me as much as all of you do. From now on I look forward to going to visit a doctor or whoever because I know it is another step in helping me reach my health goals.
So after 2 and a half days in the hospital on a mostly clear liquid diet, my blood pressure has normalized and I lost 10 pounds already! I had alot of different tests taken, blood drawn, needles poked, etc. But at least I was able to get a few prescriptions for some medicine that is going to help me stay normalized.
Also today I got my welcome packet for the healthcare group I chose a couple months ago...so now I have a primary doctor to go see to start helping me with the other items on my pre-surgery approval list.
That's about all I can update for now. I'm home now, and I feel so much better already. Although I need to catch up on some sleep...trying to sleep in hospitals can be difficult sometimes.
That's SO great! Good for you for taking control of your life! I know when your body betrays you out can feel overwhelming and you are so amazing for motivating yourself to do what want to be who you want! Seriously, you're awesome!
ReplyDeleteIm glad to hear you're doing better. Keep it up!
ReplyDelete